CRL Changes

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Ootini
TKID: 41908

Re: CRL Changes

Post by Ootini »

Gruff wrote:With regard to the Outer Robe, What does "The front should fall like a Waterfall from under the tip of the helmet." mean?

If it means wavy then Detachment Command obviously missed the part where there is a flat chested Royal Guard in ROTJ.
I've said this in prior discussions, and implementing it before there is an actual set way of actually achieving this is rather like putting the horse before the cart. Some have tried it and had limited successes but there is really no set way of doing this and we do not have the set way they achieved this, as Gruff pointed out, with SOME not all of the guards. Really think we should work out HOW to get that so all CAN do it before we start saying you must. I mean we also have issue of how this will look too with someone with an actual chest (female) cause I can tell you, put waves on my wife's and its going to look terrible.

I will also say after having a year long issue with the wife's boots and trying to get them right from Imperial Boots, I still think there's a bit of issue with readily being able to get the boots.

All for getting more screen accurate don't get me wrong, but would prefer if we could have a SET WAY of doing this "wave/waterfall" effect before we demand it be done. Though we do as Gruff has said have pics of flat chested guard too.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

I am working with the LMO at some better desciption which is more clear and hopefully better to understand.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Due to election time i will ask to leave this thread in a pause mode.
I will not lock it like i was adviced because everybody here is mature enough to leave it alone until elections are done.
Only after elections we will know who will be Detachment staff and who will be LMO then.
Thanks for your understanding.

BuddyLove
TKID: 73226

Post by BuddyLove »

Like some people here, I was caught out by the changes too.....already had my boots, gloves and helmet.....

Having larger feet, (you know what they say about guys with big feet lol) it has been near on a nightmare looking for boots. Imperial boots only go up to au size 10. And the boots on AliExpress dont have a pointed toe...so dont cut it and non approved in my garrison.

So Ill be going for an AotC (probably my least favorite star wars movie) TR....the only major difference appears to be the boots and 2 slits :tr:
"Don't mention the War" - Basil Fawlty

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Until I can sit down and give a full listing of this I will ask that this thread be locked.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Locked at request of command