Pants?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Askara
TKID: 41490

Pants?

Post by Askara »

Hello. This is my first costuming project, and while the inner and outer robe are coming along fine, I am left with an odd question:

What sort of pants should I wear under the thawb?

As far as I can tell, the boots I'm getting will reach high enough that the pants won't be seen under the inner robe, but I still wonder what the general consensus is.

Thank you!

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Re: Pants?

Post by TRShep »

I usually just wear shorts under the robe.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Pants will add heat; wearing 3 layers of velvet will do enough of that on it's own. Even if you are outside and it's freezing cold, you'll still likely be comfortable/warm in shorts. I wear short sleeved shirt and shorts year round in Canada.

Askara
TKID: 41490

Post by Askara »

My thanks to both. Seeing as how summer is starting here south of the Equator, shorts and a t-shirt it will be. Fortunately I'll be wearing it for the midnight screening of Rogue One and the AC will help.

Ootini
TKID: 41908

Post by Ootini »

I tend to go with the wick away cooling underarmor top and leggings under the robes myself.

Costume is just really warm, I would so not wear pants at all!

Ceris_Galstan
TKID: 32946

Post by Ceris_Galstan »

I wear an athletic shirt and pants under my robes when I troop. It's mostly for when there are events with a shared changing area (most events for me) or if the only place we can change is at our cars. Just something to consider ;)