Acceptible Boots?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

flopcardboard
TKID: 41581

Acceptible Boots?

Post by flopcardboard »

Shopping around, I stumbled upon these:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/rockport+toloni ... tRef=CROSS:

What do you think? Would these past muster for the CRL entry of, "Black, texture-less, leather/synthetic leather (non glossy) “Jack” boots", squared toe (rounded toe in ladies styles are acceptable), with a relatively conservative heel, no visible straps/buckles, or ornamental stitching; that reach high enough to cover the wearer's ankles are acceptable as a minimum due to the difficulty in acquiring red boots," or is the stitching too close to ornamental?
Benjamin Higgins

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Acceptible Boots?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The stitching on the sides to me I feel is a deal breaker as that falls into ornamental stitching.
Look more for a basic conservative hell boot with less flair.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

flopcardboard

Post by flopcardboard »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:The stitching on the sides to me I feel is a deal breaker as that falls into ornamental stitching.
Look more for a basic conservative hell boot with less flair.
That was my concern as well.

This one's stitching is less ornamental, but, IMO, would be more noticeable.
http://www.jcpenney.com/florsheim-regen ... 0qZ1z0pixp
Benjamin Higgins

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

If you want the actual red boots, check out these ones. They are the ones I use, and work quite nice. I'd recommend gel insoles for comfort and suggest adding a size or two as they are narrow. I went up two sizes and they work nicely with gel insoles.

The boots are knee-high, but I just took a pair of scissors and cut them to the length I wanted (mid-calf). I believe I have pictures of my boots in my WiP thread... if not let me know and I can put them up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-201 ... 42650.html

flopcardboard

Post by flopcardboard »

cooldevo wrote:If you want the actual red boots, check out these ones. They are the ones I use, and work quite nice. I'd recommend gel insoles for comfort and suggest adding a size or two as they are narrow. I went up two sizes and they work nicely with gel insoles.

The boots are knee-high, but I just took a pair of scissors and cut them to the length I wanted (mid-calf). I believe I have pictures of my boots in my WiP thread... if not let me know and I can put them up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-201 ... 42650.html
Awesome! I'll check those out. Thanks.
Benjamin Higgins

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

flopcardboard wrote:Awesome! I'll check those out. Thanks.
One important detail, they are women's boots. So make sure you have convert the size, if required.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

cooldevo wrote:
flopcardboard wrote:Awesome! I'll check those out. Thanks.
One important detail, they are women's boots. So make sure you have convert the size, if required.
Two sizes up
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Those are great affordable boots. I guess cutting them won't lead to fraying too much. Thanks for idea.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

Worn mine for 12 troops and no fraying yet.

I just cut them with a scissors to the height I wanted, and then took some thread and needle and quickly stitched the two parts of the boot together. I've got pictures posted somewhere of the boots after my 3-minute alteration.

If worried about fraying, just fold over the top after you cut it and sew the two parts together.

BobaFett907
TKID: 13301

Post by BobaFett907 »