JC's WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

JohnnyChaos
TKID: 28575

JC's WIP

Post by JohnnyChaos »

This is going to be my new build thread.

I've got material samples from a UKG armourer.. but no material sorted yet.
I'm watching a few auctions for McCall’s 2810 as I saw that mentioned in another thread.. there seems to be plenty on there so no mad rush on that.

Are there any finished edited pattens available? and what do people use for the under robes?

This is a lid I tried on produced by a group local to me.
I can get a raw cast from them next week, but to have it finished and painted would only be Ă‚ÂŁ30 more so I've said I'll go for that.... even if the red turns out to be a little off

Also I've noticed a couple of different focepike styles.. the one in the CRL the emitter looks quite big and the pommel looks smooth where as I see a lot of people use ridged tap heads.. does that not matter?

Thanks

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: JC's WIP

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Thanks for the WIP.
For RotJ outer robe we don't have any patterns.
Sorry.
The Underrobe should be made out of velvet too.
If the helmet is too much off-colour you can paint it new or let it painted.
If you know the people making the helmet maybe you are able to send them a sample of the velvet you want to use and the can match the red they paint the helmet .

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

When I asked, I was told serrated rasp is for ROTJ, and the stacking ring is for the prequels (ROTS and AOTC).

Depending on what you are working with, cabbagefarmer (user on this forums) has a very nice rasp tip and emitter cast from brass and aluminum. You can see a copy of what I got from him in my WIP thread or in his force pike thread in buy and sell section.

JohnnyChaos

Post by JohnnyChaos »

At last my lid arrived
It'll need a respray to match the material (and I'd want it to be more shiny) and the visor needs darkening. But I think it fits well

JohnnyChaos

Post by JohnnyChaos »

Having real trouble finding any material. Is there still anyone doing robe runs? Or any reliable material suppliers. There is nothing local to me that I've found so far.

silverBoyd
TKID: 5945

Post by silverBoyd »

The Force Pike for a RotJ Guard via the CRL

Forcepike
For 501st approval:

- Four foot (122cm) minimum length, composed of either wood or metal.

- The alumninum bodied force pike consists of a black pommel, two black hand grips at the base, the shaft, and emitter tip. The scale of the forcepike should be suited to the height of the individual costumer (ie: someone 6'4" would use a longer pike than someone 5'2")

- 'Rasp' emitter end of stacked ring design or serrated design in metallic copper, or silver.

I think the stacked rings are for the Prequel Guards. The RotJ should be just the serrated design
Carolina Garrison CO (2014 - Current)
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TR-5945 / Return of the Jedi: Royal Guard
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

silverBoyd wrote:I think the stacked rings are for the Prequel Guards. The RotJ should be just the serrated design
That is correct. I'm not sure why the ROTJ CRL says stacked ring is acceptable, as when I asked around I was told it needs to be serrated rasp emitter tip.

JohnnyChaos

Post by JohnnyChaos »

So... been a bit of a delay on this.. still no luck finding the rest of my material (inner robes and lining)! :(

So anyway started 3D modelling the pike using images found on the dented helmet and here for ref.
I read somewhere that the pommel should really have 10 flat faces? so that's what I've done, but not sure about the very bottom.

If the UKG armourers are happy with how it looks I'll print the parts out as a kit to mount onto a metal pole.

cooldevo

Post by cooldevo »

The 10 flat faces is news to me. It's not listed in the CRL so I would say it's not required unless there's an accurate screen capture or image from a canon source to say otherwise.

Most seem use a bath tub faucet or a PVC check valve for their pommel. Check out what other people that have gotten approved have used and you'll see there's a wide array of options that are used and approved.

JohnnyChaos

Post by JohnnyChaos »

it was from these two pics originally found on Starwarspropaganda.com back in 2011
they dont seem to be there now