Re: Robes WIP

Post by bdgr »

Congrats in your Royal Guard approval. :trsuit:
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

cykogoalie79

Post by cykogoalie79 »

What pattern did you use? I'm beginning the build of mine and am struggling finding one that seems to be good and lots of different recommendations.

Library Guard wrote:Thank you all for the help...I'm approved! :trsuit:

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

cykogoalie79 wrote:What pattern did you use? I'm beginning the build of mine and am struggling finding one that seems to be good and lots of different recommendations.
Patterns for the outer robe don't really exist. Most seem to use either: a) a seamstress to do all the work; b) modify one of several patterns you can buy for cloaks; or c) they get a family member or themselves to do up the robe.

Inner robe is a simple thawb robe.

If you aren't doing the work yourselves, a good local seamstress and a lot of reference pictures (from the movie) with the appropriate CRL descriptions should be enough to get started. Doing up the first go with muslin or spare sheets could save you a lot of money and problems if a mistake is made. Keep reference pictures to the movie (there are lots of variations within the movie to choose from), as what got another 501st member approved may not get you approved.