Seattle RG WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Seattle RG WIP

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

The belt/sash comes out very good.
The inner robe is done i would like to say.
Length is fine.

needanID

Post by needanID »

Ok. the next step in the process is opening up the lid a bit. I cut it into three pieces and started splicing it together based upon my head and shoulders. And we end up thus.

I glued up a series of Popsicle sticks:

These are more for ensuring the fiberglass strips dont sag too far than actual structural support.

And the crown is back on. I did not take any pictures of the inside, but if anyone wants I can upload them. All the strips are 4 or 5 inches wide, and are the length of the helmet. I overlapped them to ensure at least 2 layers were everywhere.

needanID

Post by needanID »

Ok, the rough fiberglass filler was applied. Tomorrow I will file and sand it back down to see where it needs more filling. Filling dried very fast and I am glad I did not mix it all up at once.

needanID

Post by needanID »

Hello all. Sorry about the really... really long delay. Life happened.... :( Ive picked up the helmet and have the splice section bondo and sanded and I'm about to do the second filler and sanding. I'll post pictures tomorrow...

needanID

Post by needanID »

Lots of putty work to get here.
Now its ready for my final bondo work (little voids ect that need filling) and some last sculpting to get the lines right across the grown area.