Seattle RG WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Seattle RG WIP

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Out of curiosity could you take a pic of the gloves and under robes in natural light outside. That can give you a better feel for natural color.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

V-cell
TKID: 12221

Post by V-cell »

Hello needanID,

I am sorry to hear what happened to you, but if there is a silver lining...is that it occurred now, and not once the costume was approved and you were trooping. That can be disastrous. The match of both the inner lining and the inner cloak is important for the overall flow of the costume. Believe it or not, both the inner robes and the lining will be seen constantly by members of the public when you take pictures with them. Any time you move your pike, kneel to say hi to a little fan or just open the outer robe to catch a gust of wind, everything will be seen.

What you could do, is get a swatch of the replacement fabric and take a picture, in natural light (no flash), to compare with the fabric you already have. Post it here and we will let you know fairly quickly if it will work or not.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Alejandro Uribe-Benninghoff
TR-12221

needanID

Post by needanID »

Here are the gloves with the burgundy fabric under natural light.

I talked to a lady at church and she gave me some suggestions. This is the end result.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Good color. Lighting can really play tricks on the human eyes.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

V-cell
TKID: 12221

Post by V-cell »

Looking good brother. Color is good on both counts. Remember the Obi Sash must be made of the same material/color as the inner robe. Once you have those two, you will have crossed the midway point on the soft parts.
Alejandro Uribe-Benninghoff
TR-12221

needanID

Post by needanID »

excellent Thank you all for the input. Work and grad school have taken more free time than I would have liked. Im planning on getting the neck hole collared and the sleeves hemmed this weekend. If those leather gloves will work, I will hem with them on to make sure they will be just fine. I have a pair of engineer boots I'll dig out and photograph to make sure they will work for interm boots. I'd like a pair of red boots to match my outer robes, but at size 14 my only choice will be a super custom build. I should have enough scrap material for the obi sash without having to touch my last 10 yards for the outer robe lining. Is there a grain direction on the sash?

needanID

Post by needanID »

For interm boots, would these engineer style boots work?

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

In the picture they look ok. But the buckles need to be removed.
Can you provide us some more pictures. From the side and the back so we can say if anything else
is needed to be modified?

Darth Dog
TKID: 14985

Post by Darth Dog »

Take a Sharpie or an old tooth brush and some black polish and color the leather where you cut the lower straps off. I use the same type boot for my Vader. Your costume is looking nice, good work.

needanID

Post by needanID »

Ok, this is a minor detail, but how long should the sleeves on the under robe tunic be? Left or right? I have the right hand pinned a little shorter....