Color Questions

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Scott451

Color Questions

Post by Scott451 »

Hello,

I am trying to get a costume done (because I can not sew) and I am having trouble figuring out the coloring. The person who I am looking at to do the robes say the robes for ROTS and ROTJ are different color reds. But they both say crimson red.

I honestly prefer the darker red robes of the Royal Guard then the lighter red. But 1 arm hole which I know the ROTJ robes have seems awkward.

Suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Ralom
TKID: 31443

Re: Color Questions

Post by Ralom »

I’m not good with sewing at all. I got my robes from Imperial Boots. Right now they’re being altered by a seamstress, but before I went there I should them to the gentleman who is supervising my build through pictures. They seem to be the right color. You may want to reference the Imperial Boots website.

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Post by Kemen »

I would get some colour samples and consult the people that are going to approve your costume. We a kind of lucky in Australia sd the real velvet sold at our major sewing supply chain is the perfect colour.

Scott451

Post by Scott451 »

It's so hard to get replies from anyone. I just kinda gave up =(

lfechter
TKID: 78510

Post by lfechter »

I have the ROTJ Royal Guard and my outer robe was the same color as another Royal Guard I trooped with, who was from ROTS. But the under colors were different but I believed that is due to the different movies. You can choose burgundy or wine and that is still within CRL. I love my one arm Royal Guard but it does get a bit difficult when I have to hand something to someone and I have my pike. No pike no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk